The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rapid entry of Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
+1 quick entry. Please add to request list.

Everyone who is posting "+1" needs to send email to omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com (or use Send Feedback from within the app) if they want to see this. Posting "+1" (or anything else) is about as effective as telling your cat that you'd like to see said feature implemented...there's no guarantee anyone at Omni will read a given posting, and requests made in forum posts won't go into the development database, unlike the email.

Beat me to it, Bill. Thanks. :-)

After using the Mac version, I can't imagine not being able to speed through the collection process of entering in items while I'm in a conversation, or while I'm reviewing a meeting or a long day where I've undoubtedly forgotten things.

The Mac version gets it right, and better than any other app I've used on the Mac.

I'm reluctant to throw down the money considering there's no trial, and from what I hear, no rapid entry (a'la the "hit enter" to continue creating new items in the inbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoskcaj View Post
I'm reluctant to throw down the money considering there's no trial, and from what I hear, no rapid entry (a'la the "hit enter" to continue creating new items in the inbox)
My experience is a little skewed, because on my Mac, I type with the Dvorak layout.

Typing on the iPad is doubly-slow for me because (unlike thumb-typing on the phone) it's similar enough to *real* typing that the key layout being different trips me up.

That said, with the iPad in landscape orientation, I'm able to tap the "new item" button in the sidebar, add something, tap done in the floating editor, and then tap the new item button again reasonably quickly.

Individual folks' needs do vary, of course, which is one of the reasons we extended our 30-day guarantee on our apps to the App Store products. More info on our blog, but hopefully that's at least somewhat reassuring. :-)

@OmniGroup: You guys should really look @ how Taska and 2Do handle rapid entry of Tasks. I'm not saying do it exactly like them, but they do a great job of allowing me to do a proper mind sweep on the iPad.

agreed this would be useful

Absolutely. I have the app, and constantly hit return/enter...and am always surprised. (you think I'd learn!) Since that is a universal "OK-next step please"--it's kind of alarming that it doesn't work in OF.