The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

not-so-unified toolbars Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Possibly I am not the first to note this, but the toolbar of the bookmarks window (if you choose to have that in a separate window) is not a "unified" toolbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostus
Possibly I am not the first to note this, but the toolbar of the bookmarks window (if you choose to have that in a separate window) is not a "unified" toolbar.
It can't be. The unified toolbar only occurs when there is a toolbar (the unification is with the toolbar and the window title). If you hide the toolbar on something like the download manager, you'll see that it looks like the standalone bookmark window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks
It can't be. The unified toolbar only occurs when there is a toolbar (the unification is with the toolbar and the window title). If you hide the toolbar on something like the download manager, you'll see that it looks like the standalone bookmark window.
As MinutiaeMan pointed out (was the same with me, I accidentally stumbled over the white toolbar button after a year of usage) you can hit that little button which brings up the toolbar. An whether you think it is impossible or not - well, I guess the impossible just happened - a non-unified toolbar occurs which by default contains two buttons (you can add one more by customizing it the usual OS X toolbar way). Go, see for your self!

The key is to set the window to be opened in a new window by default. If you just open it in a new window and then hide/show the toolbar, it is unified. The original poster didn't say one had to then click to show the toolbar, so I'm guessing John just repeated the original steps and saw that there was no toolbar.

Right! Now I get it! I had no idea there was a toolbar in there! Makes sense actually, but I never saw it as I have it set to open in the browser by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks
Right! Now I get it! I had no idea there was a toolbar in there! Makes sense actually, but I never saw it as I have it set to open in the browser by default.
Hahaha, as me and others posted, we stumbled into this accidentally after a year or more of usage. Funny thing is, I had the bookmarks in its own window for as long as I use OW and still it took me over a year to reaqlize there is a toolbar...

Huh... I've been using OW5 for 2 years, and I never realized that you can click the little white pill (though I've always known its purpose) to bring up the toolbar! Makes sense though... ;)