The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cascading windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using the 5.10.2 SP and now the windows just stack up right on top of each other. I looked for a cascade option, but couldn't find it.

Can I have cascading windows back?

SC

Hmmm, it's still working okay for me here. Do you get different results if you use the release version of OmniWeb?

Yes, with the regular current version of OmniWeb it cascades.

SC

[edit]Actually the previous version may have been an older SP, and not the regular release.[/edit]

Last edited by Smithcraft; 2010-02-09 at 12:51 AM..

And now it's not working in the regular release version. :(

SC

If I open new windows(cmd n) they cascade. If I open behind windows they stack...

SC

Ahhh I see, we do cascade, but just once, we always cascade down from the frontmost window and since you're opening them in the background they always cascade down to the same spot.

Well, the only thing that changed was trying the new SP. Previously the behind windows did cascade.

SC

We changed the cascading behavior in 5.10.0 so that's probably where this issue started. And I do consider this a bug in case I wasn't clear about that before. I've filed the issue into our tracker.

Well, that's good to know. It's getting really annoying having to move a bunch of windows around.

SC

Perhaps it's fubared in the preferences, but I just installed the current 5.11 SP, and it's still not staggering the behind windows...

SC