The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Deleting projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Will someone please tell me I'm missing something. I'm doing my review tonight for the first time since the 1.1 update and am not happy with what I'm seeing.

I should first say that I'm not doing GTD per se. I have a laundry list of projects that are routine monthly tasks. They all repeat monthly. What can I say, my memory sucks and I'd be lost without OF.

I completed quite a few of these projects in the past week. So now I want to delete the completed projects. I have the eye set to display all. When I have the list of projects in the sidebar I see each one listed twice, one completed and one new one for next month. There is nothing to distinguish them from each other.

I figured out after a few false starts that I have to use the edit button, which gives me all the delete buttons. But what to delete? Once I'm in edit mode I can't click on the project and see it in the main window to confirm my choice.

Yes, I know that the deleted project is listed first. Bu this makes me very nervous about possibly deleting the wrong project.

Am I missing something about the process?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Will someone please tell me I'm missing something. I'm doing my review tonight for the first time since the 1.1 update and am not happy with what I'm seeing.
It sounds like you aren't actually using the Review feature, is that true?
Quote:
I should first say that I'm not doing GTD per se. I have a laundry list of projects that are routine monthly tasks. They all repeat monthly. What can I say, my memory sucks and I'd be lost without OF.
Not a problem, it should work fine for this.
Quote:
I completed quite a few of these projects in the past week. So now I want to delete the completed projects. I have the eye set to display all. When I have the list of projects in the sidebar I see each one listed twice, one completed and one new one for next month. There is nothing to distinguish them from each other.
This is where it would make more sense for you to use the Review feature, but even just the project list will work. Let's assume you are using the project list. In landscape mode, tap once on the > button to get the list of projects in the sidebar. Tap on a project. Tap on the Project header, the editor comes up, and the status area will show you whether the project is active, completed, dropped or on hold. If it is completed, you can delete it. You can also probably tell just by looking at the project that it is complete with your eyeball settings.

In portrait mode, you'll tap on a project in the outline and do the same thing.

In review mode, OmniFocus keeps track of when you've last reviewed a project, and only shows you the projects that haven't been seen for their specified time. When you are reviewing a project, you get a set of buttons across the bottom which show the project's status (and again, a project where all the actions are marked complete is probably complete). You can bring up the editor and tap the trash button if you are done with it, or the Mark Reviewed button along the bottom if it is still of use to you.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Let's assume you are using the project list. In landscape mode, tap once on the > button to get the list of projects in the sidebar. Tap on a project. Tap on the Project header, the editor comes up, and the status area will show you whether the project is active, completed, dropped or on hold. If it is completed, you can delete it. You can also probably tell just by looking at the project that it is complete with your eyeball settings.
Ahhh, I knew it had to be something simple! I was totally overlooking the trash can.

I do use the review function, but the deleted projects never show up there, most likely because I've always deleted them during my review periods, but not in review mode. In the project list I'd tap and hold and delete. Never bothered to just tap because I knew they were completed and I didn't want to tweak the dates. And when I tapped a current project, I wasn't looking to delete, so never focused on the trash can. Duh! :rolleyes:

Thanks! Now I can complete my review/cleanup and check off that past-due task.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Ahhh, I knew it had to be something simple! I was totally overlooking the trash can.

I do use the review function, but the deleted projects never show up there, most likely because I've always deleted them during my review periods, but not in review mode. In the project list I'd tap and hold and delete. Never bothered to just tap because I knew they were completed and I didn't want to tweak the dates. And when I tapped a current project, I wasn't looking to delete, so never focused on the trash can. Duh! :rolleyes:

Thanks! Now I can complete my review/cleanup and check off that past-due task.
Yes, if you have deleted a project, it won't show up in Review mode (or anywhere else). Completed projects wll show up, however.

Now that you've got some experience using the program, reading through the documentation again will probably net you some benefit.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confirmation on deleting Laucha OmniFocus 1 for Mac 1 2010-01-18 12:45 PM
AppleScript for deleting completed tasks and projects snarke OmniFocus Extras 8 2009-01-20 02:22 PM
Problem deleting attachments jpbarr OmniFocus 1 for Mac 6 2008-11-14 04:11 PM
Deleting a folder with nothing in it sbell22 OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2008-04-16 11:18 PM
Deleting Contexts mikulla OmniFocus 1 for Mac 5 2007-09-27 03:08 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.