The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Great feature -- now its gone as of this morning? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I had been waiting for an old feature to get back to OF. With my filter on "remaining," everytime I clicked a completed task, it would be marked out but remain on screen. It would then go away after a day or so. This is excellent as it gives a feeling of accomplishment, in a sense. It finally came back after yesterday's update. However, as of this morning's update, it has again gone away...

Is this a feature difficult to implement? It seems very non-GTD to not see your tasks you've completed that day (unless you change your filter to seeing "all" of course.)

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancisco View Post
I had been waiting for an old feature to get back to OF. With my filter on "remaining," everytime I clicked a completed task, it would be marked out but remain on screen.
Another vote by me for this feature. Thought about this many times already. Hope this will come.

Schimmi

Make that three votes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambi View Post
Make that three votes!
I've had email from the support ninjas indicating that this feature is slated for the final release (also when Available and Next actions are showing, not just Remaining). But it's a good idea to send feedback, to indicate to Omni that there's a lot of interest in it!

I prefer that which is completed vanishes into the either after I check it off. Now that's a feeling of accomplishment! It was a task. It no longer exists. (Especially with this build because we can't currently view our completed actions :)) It feels good, my load is lightened. The view window is cleaned up by one.

Hopefully, the behavior of having completed actions hanging around for a couple of days will be an option.

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
Hopefully, the behavior of having completed actions hanging around for a couple of days will be an option.
The email implied it would be a preference, either make completed tasks disappear immediately or leave them around until the view bar was changed or Clean Up issued.