The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Simple Sort by Due Date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love Omni Focus, however, the only thing that frustrates me is that I can't figure how to simply sort the items due date. that's all I want to do. I just want to sort the items by due date. Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfKauai43 View Post
I love Omni Focus, however, the only thing that frustrates me is that I can't figure how to simply sort the items due date. that's all I want to do. I just want to sort the items by due date. Can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks very much.
Do you want to sort projects, or individual actions? The View bar will allow you to sort the order in which projects are displayed, including by due date.

If you want to sort individual actions, that feature is new in 1.1, the sneaky peek pre-releases for which are available at http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/ but be aware that there is an irreversible change made to your data file. If you are uncomfortable running pre-release software (especially keeping in mind that Omni's support staff have been swamped by the response to the iPhone application, and probably take a week or so to respond to a question instead of the more usual day), then it might be better to wait.

The sort facility in 1.1 is found in the Edit->Sort menu. Simply select some actions, or items in the sidebar, and choose the desired sort under Edit->Sort. Choices currently include name, status, date added, date completed, date due, date to start.

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply, I appreciate it.

I want to sort by Action, so it looks like I'll have to wait till 1.1.

In general threads such as this should be in the OmniFocus forums ... a lot of people may not bother to read the Forums Feedback one, and others like me, who am not an OmniFocus user, will look thinking there will be something of interest only to find there isn't and we have used up time. For questions on OmniFocus you'll get a much better response on that forum.

But I'm sure you wrote it here by mistake.

Mark

Yes, my mistake. Apologies.

Fortunately, due to my sloppy forum reading habits, it got answered anyhow :-)