The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus and Postbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Are there any scripts or add-ins that would create greater OF functionality in Postbox (as opposed to Apple's Mail app)?

Michael
http://www.macfilos.com

Last edited by Mixalis; 2011-04-04 at 05:40 AM..

Doesn't look like Postbox has enough Applescript support to do the fun stuff you can do with Mail. No support for running an Applescript from a filter, no way to grab the selected text, doesn't appear to provide a URL which you can use to reopen a message...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Doesn't look like Postbox has enough Applescript support to do the fun stuff you can do with Mail. No support for running an Applescript from a filter, no way to grab the selected text, doesn't appear to provide a URL which you can use to reopen a message...
Thanks, it's as I suspected but it was worth asking. Much as I like Postbox, I could be tempted back to Mail.

If it helps: Postbox added the ability to send email to OmniFocus back in March of last year. It does many of the same things our Clipping service does.

Check this article on their knowledge base for more info.

Well, look at that, it does seem to work. I had found what seemed to be a URL for an external reference to a message in the applescript dictionary, but when I pasted it into OmniWeb, it wouldn't open the message. Looks like OmniWeb puts a trailing '/' on the URL and then Postbox ignores the request, but if I use open or Safari with the same string, it works correctly. Time to file another bug report.