The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Apple Mail Account: Only Downloading 1 Email at a Time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
From about three weeks ago, on only my most heavily used email account (it has around 75,000 emails in it and gets around 200 emails each day), I was only able to download 4 emails at a time. Then it would stop. I would click "Get Mail" and it would download the next 4 emails. I'd click "Get Mail" etc etc until all emails were downloaded.

I tried to find a solution, but couldn't, so I just put up with it (it was really only a pain in the butt first thing in the morning).

Then, this morning - disaster! My main account only downloads one email at a time! It shows "55 of 55 Incoming messages", then next time "55 of 55 incoming messages" etc. A new one must have arrived because now it is showing "56 out of 56" (but I still have 6 hours of emails to download).

Important info:

* Email is hosted by gmail.
* Account is setup as a POP account.
* This issue is not affecting other staff on a mac, using same domain for email. Nor is it affecting any other email accounts I have (about 16 active email accounts, including 2 others hosted by gmail).
* Mail version is 4.3
* OS is 10.6.4
* Hard drive has 83GB available
* Last week I installed an extra 2GB of ram - so it wont be a lack of ram.
* No other email accounts are affected.
* There are 20 unread emails sitting in my Gmail account waiting to be downloaded (I logged in to Google Webmail and saw them).
* I have checked the Activity Monitor for Mail and that account seems to act absolutely perfectly (if it only had 1 email to download). In other words, there is nothing in the Activity Monitor that suggests a problem.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

MBP 2.4GHZ, 6/320 Mac OS X (10.6.4)

I think you would get e better response if you tried the right forum for this.