The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iphone + omnioutliner = devastating Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
just wanted to '++' the idea of omnioutliner on an iphone. that would simply be heaven.

toby

Granted, the iPhone won't be out until June, but that just means that now's the time to start pushing for it. For either OO/Pro or OmniFu, integration with iPhone would be absolutely killer. My GTD-ish system at present is pretty scattered -- OOPro/KGTD when I'm at a computer, and either 3x5 cards or a PocketPC when I'm not -- and making Omni programs available for OS X on the iPhone would be unbelievably cool. So I'd be very enthusiastic about this development.

I read somewhere that Steve came out against 3rd party apps, is that still the case?

I wouldn't want to do much inputting on the iPhone, but rather use it like a glorified "push" PIM and time tracker. I'll do all the heavy data entry on my Mac and then push it out to the iPhone where I can read it during meetings on when I'm on the road.