The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New to OmniWeb - Issues with Google Spreadsheets Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Wow!

I must say i am loving this new web browser.

However my one gripe thus far is the incompatibility with Google Doc's, any idea how to get OmniWeb to work with my Google Spreadsheets?

I get an error that my browser is not supported, i tried changing the browser emulations, with no luck, my only issue thus far.

Any help would be great thanks!

It's the version of WebKit that's OW is based on. When OW's WebKit version and whatever GD&S expects get in sync, it'll work.

(Whence last I tested WebKit nightlies, Docs works pretty well, and Spreadsheets ... well it limped along but it at least rendered.)

well i guess i will hold off paying for it then.

since the free browsers work fine.

OW works poorly with many Google sites -- gmail in particular. Of greatest concern is that it does not show attachments (Safari does, by the way). Thats the problem with WebKit -- it works wonderfully on a subset of the internet, but there is a sizeable chunk of important sites that simply do not work.

Attachments should work in gmail actually. How are they not working for you?

In Camino and Safari, attachment icons appear at the bottom of messages containing attachments:

In Omniweb, they are not present.

This should work. Do you have any ad blocking enabled in your ad blocking preference panel that could be getting in the way?

If you switch to basic html mode does it still fail to appear?

I have a userContent.css file loaded, but it is *exactly* the same one used in both Camino and Safari.