The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal sync not happening Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've turned on iCal sync in the Preferences, and copied all the contexts to the two iCal categories (home and work). But I don't see the Actions showing up in iCal, even though I've hit Sync on both OF and iCal. What am I missing - how do I get them to come over? Actually, I don't like iCal but the Growl notifications from OF won't come up if OF isn't running (unlike iCal reminders, which work in background) so I'm testing out this method of being notified of actions coming due.

thanks,

Mike

They show up as "To Do" items in iCal, not calendar events, so you need to open that drawer (via the pushpin at bottom right in Snow Leopard's version, at least). Also, if you have moved on to the new MobileMe calendar system, you're out of luck at the moment because Apple didn't hook it up to the old framework that Omni uses to communicate with the calendar system. See Ken's post here for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
They show up as "To Do" items in iCal, not calendar events, so you need to open that drawer (via the pushpin at bottom right in Snow Leopard's version, at least). Also, if you have moved on to the new MobileMe calendar system ...
hm. I've clicked the pushpin and they're still not there. I'm not on Mobile Me.

thanks,

Mike

One more thing: have you done File->Synchronize with iCal? OmniFocus doesn't automatically sync with iCal, it only does it on demand. There's a Sync with iCal toolbar button you can install if you want (right-click in the toolbar, or select View->Customize Toolbar..., then drag the button into the toolbar).

> File->Synchronize with iCal? OmniFocus doesn't automatically sync
> with iCal, it only does it on demand.

aha! that did it. Odd that it can't sync with iCal every time you exit or every time something is saved or whatever. Now it works, thanks!

Will the To Do items pop up as iCal reminders?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin777 View Post

aha! that did it. Odd that it can't sync with iCal every time you exit or every time something is saved or whatever. Now it works, thanks!

Will the To Do items pop up as iCal reminders?

Mike
I believe you would have to set up the alarm manually. At one point, I've used Automator and Macro to do this, but I stopped doing it altogether since it was still too cumbersome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin777 View Post

That's intentional, see Brian's post here.