The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why do To Do's need calendars to sync with iCal? [A: iCal requires they do so.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello there,

Is there a way to just see my to do list in iCal? it makes no sense to me to "sync by context", I just would like to see my list of tasks of the day in my iCal.

Thanks,

This is a limitation of iCal; it won't let you sync to-dos over without tying them to one of the calendars. Since projects come and go as you complete them, but contexts tend to stick around longer, we figured it was better to map them onto your calendars. (That prevents you from needing to tie each new project to a calendar when you create it.)

The easiest thing to do here is probably just to make a "To Do" calendar, then tie all your contexts to it. That'll let you sync your items without adding them to your "real" calendars.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks. Great idea.