The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: recently closed tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Having been an Opera user so far I've grown very fond to a feature of listing all recently closed tabs in a menu allowing you to quickly re-open them just where they had been before. Just wondering, could this be something for an OmniWeb version in the near future?

I've found that the quickest way to restore a tab I've accidentally closed is to open a new tab and type a couple keywords into the location bar. OW's history keyword search will pull up just about anything as (unlike Safari) you don't have to type the URL exactly and you can type multiple keywords separated by spaces. Like a Google Instant search of your browser history.

Eg. If I hit Cmd-L, then type "omni tab" this page pops up.

Last edited by superhancpetram; 2011-10-01 at 11:18 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhancpetram View Post
I've found that the quickest way to restore a tab I've accidentally closed is to open a new tab and type a couple keywords into the location bar. OW's history keyword search will pull up just about anything as (unlike Safari) you don't have to type the URL exactly and you can type multiple keywords separated by spaces. Like a Google Instant search of your browser history.

Eg. If I hit Cmd-L, then type "omni tab" this page pops up.
Unfortunately, that doesn't resolve the issue if you were closing a bunch of things and accidentally closed one-too-many and you don't know what the title of that window/tab or its contents at all. When dealing with 200+ open windows and tabs that get replaced with another 200+ on an hourly basis, combined with not knowing the name of the page, looking through the history or using the location bar to try to figure out what it was can be an annoyance. Safari and Chrome both have the "Reopen Last Closed Window/Tab" feature... although, Chrome's implementation is more unified for both tabs and windows. (Safari relegates tabs to "Edit > Undo" and windows to "History > Reopen Last Closed Window" for the Window. (In Chrome, it can be a single tab, a single window, or a window of multiple tabs... really it's about undoing the last close operation, for whatever that close operation affected....)

To be honest, we could probably just do away with the menu clutter of having a dedicated menu item for "Reopen..." and just have it all as Undo actions.

Last edited by BrianKrent; 2012-01-14 at 12:10 PM..