The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Download Window -> Download Statusbar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There is an excellent extension for firefox called Download Statusbar that alters the behavior of downloading files. Instead of opening a new window to show the downloads, it creates a small statusbar along the bottom of the browser window that allows the user to monitor, pause, resume, open, and delete downloaded files.

Double click on a file opens it and removes it from the statusbar. When no items are left, the statusbar disappears.

To this day it is probably the single biggest thing I miss from my move from FF, and I'd love to see some version of it implemented in OW, especially since I always have to dig behind the browser to find the download window, and other than checking the download window, there's no quick visual way to determine if a download has finished.

Shiira shows downloads in the sidebar, which is a nice feature (at least in 1.2). You can also view bookmarks, history, and any pages "held" there as well. Very nice implementation and use of space.