The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Safari Bookmarklet to save webpages? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there!

I am searching for a bookmarklet (Safari 6 / OF 2) to quickly save webpages. My old version just creates an empty entry.

Is something like this already out there?

Thanks a lot
alex

... currently I don't think either development of third party or Omni group focus is on that one- yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexolma View Post
Hi there!

I am searching for a bookmarklet (Safari 6 / OF 2) to quickly save webpages. My old version just creates an empty entry.

Is something like this already out there?

Thanks a lot
alex
I do not have the OF2 beta. Is the clippings functionality not working for OF2 as of yet?

A temporary solution would be to use the mobile safari bookmarklet. I have had the iOS bookmarklet installed for a long time on my iPhone. You can install it from the setting menu within OF for iPhone. The bookmarklet works for me on Safari 6.0.4 and OF1. I assume it would work for OF2 as I cannot test without the OF2 beta.

If you have an issue or do not have OF for iOS. I attached a text file with the code for the bookmarklet.
Attached Files
File Type: txt OFBookmarklet.txt (434 Bytes, 546 views)

I put something together that uses Mail Drop as a conduit. It's completely unofficial and scratches my own itch; ignore the OMNI tag under my name for this post. :)

http://txtio.net/focusstuff/

Thanks a lot derekr.
I tried it but just got this: "I'm so sorry — something went wrong."

me too....

I'm interested in this too, but get the same error as other people: something went wrong...

So sorry everyone! I hadn't tested adding new users in a long while!