The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No badge until open Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've got four items overdue, and another due in an hour. While out and about, I complete one overdue action on my iPhone. Before the hour is up, waiting on a park bench for a friend, I do a mini-review on my WiFi-only iPad, deferring the due date on a different overdue action.

Two hours later, I reach a coffee shop with free WiFi. I open the iPad but do not launch OmniFocus; what number appears on the badge? :-)
;-)

True that... local notifications could easily push additions for items that were rolling over at a time... But Things does this on a daily basis and with OmniFocus items can have times so it would be more work.

So it's a choice between "Just no it's not updated when the app is running" or "We'll push some updates and make it closer but it may not be absolutely correct." Probably best to understand the behavior and deal with it... "If you need an absolutely correct number you should just launch the app..." :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I've got four items overdue, and another due in an hour. While out and about, I complete one overdue action on my iPhone. Before the hour is up, waiting on a park bench for a friend, I do a mini-review on my WiFi-only iPad, deferring the due date on a different overdue action.

Two hours later, I reach a coffee shop with free WiFi. I open the iPad but do not launch OmniFocus; what number appears on the badge? :-)
A little late to this discussion - but for someone who wants the most accurate information all of the time, they probably didn't buy the wifi only in the first place. Omnifocus is a good app, but you lose the efficacy of the badge if I have to open the app for it to be accurate. Privacy shouldn't be an issue - we're just talking about pushing numbers.