The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone: Alert on Start Date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I really like using start dates.
On my mac they are quite handy, because growl tells me, when a task becomes available.

Unfortunately there are no alerts for start dates on my iPhone, just for Due Dates.
So I have to use a Due Date, when I really just need a reminder (= alert) at a certain time.

Am I missing something or is this feature missing in the iOS versions of OmniFocus?

I recently made a somewhat related comment in an old thread regarding start dates here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21734

I think in general it would be really good to have similar options for start dates as there are for due dates today - badges, notifications, the forecast view etc.

There seems to be at least two schools of thought - those relying heavily on start dates (me for example) and those who instead use due dates heavily. Today, the use of due dates is much easier because of the additional options and features available. However, to me, using start dates works much better but I do miss the additional features very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsasdad View Post
I recently made a somewhat related comment in an old thread regarding start dates here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=21734

I think in general it would be really good to have similar options for start dates as there are for due dates today - badges, notifications, the forecast view etc.

There seems to be at least two schools of thought - those relying heavily on start dates (me for example) and those who instead use due dates heavily. Today, the use of due dates is much easier because of the additional options and features available. However, to me, using start dates works much better but I do miss the additional features very much.
Thanks for the tip.

Count me in for your request :-)