The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Order of fields on iphone: context, then project - backwards from desktop? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, this has been something that's been bothering me for a while. Every once in a while I search the forums but can't find any mention of this.

So this is how it seems to me - am I right?

On Omnifocus desktop the order of the fields goes name-project-context
But on the iphone it goes name-context-project

Questions:
Is it like this for everyone?
Is there a setting I'm missing where I can adjust this?

When I'm quickly entering tasks on the iphone, it requires for me an extra thought step to adjust to the reversal of the fields.

Thanks so much, Michele

It's always been like that, and there's nothing you can configure to make it otherwise. Not one of their better moments. The iPad does it in the same order as the iPhone. Perhaps OmniFocus 2 for Mac will have an option to swap the columns around. Use Help->Send Feedback to make a feature request.

Ok, thanks, I'm definitely sending feedback.

It's nice to know, though, that others see the same thing. I can't believe it's not a bigger issue for more people. It bothers me every time I enter on the iphone.

I just understood what felt wrong when capturing actions on the iphone!! Sending a request right away.

Sorry, yes. We agree they should all be in the same order. (Now if we could just agree on which order is right!)

I actually don't care about the order. Either way I'd get used to.

It's just the having it be different that gets me. Having to adjust my thinking make the 'quick entry' not as quick.

I want to be a ninja with entering on the iphone when I have a thought and I need to get it in before somebody starts talking to me and I lose it.

I find that it often isn't really that crucial that I enter context or even project when capturing an evanescent thought, so long as I get the thought down. I'll process the Inbox within a few hours and be processing a bunch of actions, so I'll have time to adjust to the order of context and project on the device I'm using.