The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

When can we expect OmniWeb 5.8 Sneaky Peek? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's difficult to argue with this. Safari+SafariStand is such a stellar combination that I can live with the absence of a few beloved OW features. And, for some of the power features, things like Scribefire, Twitter and other plugins that are offered with Firefox 3 make the Safari-FF dichotomy a more rational one.

It will be so horrible if OW were to perish, but the Omnigroup cannot be faulted for making an important business decision.

Well, when I upgrade to an intel Mac, maybe some of the problems I've been experiencing with OW will go away.

Until then...

Payam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam View Post
To be honest, I seriously doubt we'll ever see a 6.0 of OW. Unless they've got some major re-thinking of a browser planned, there seems to be no reason. OW can't be making much money for Omni anymore. The lower price coupled by the improvements in recent Safari and other browsers makes the rationale for OW even smaller than it was before.

Nooo.. I love OmniWeb. I try to go to other browsers, but there are lods of small things in OW that other browsers just don't have :(

Bring on OW6!

Oh, I would be thrilled to see OW 6! I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if it never shows up given the current state of the browser wars. :)

For me, there are too many quirks with OW right now.

Hi Everyone,

5.8 is right around the corner.

We're also slowly making progress on 6.0; it will probably be 5-10 months before our first sneaky peeks. We're all very excited about it here and can barely wait for the day when we can share it with all of you!

Last edited by troyb; 2008-05-20 at 03:51 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Hi Everyone,

We're also slowly making progress on 6.0; it will probably be 5-10 months before our first sneaky peeks. We're all very excited about it here and can barely wait for the day when we can share it with all of you!
*hug*

Thanks

Fantastic news!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Yes, pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase !

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

This is fantastic news indeed. Can you shed light on why you guys are are so excited? :)

Payam

Because it is OmniWeb 6.0 iPhone edition™... you heard it hear first ;)

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I love you, I love you, I love you!! ;-)

I think I might have to buy some more licences.

I have actually spent the last week really trying to like Safari and Firefox (with the assumption that OW may be no more), adding all sorts of add-ons and changing configs, but I just could not get it to be as nice as OW! So i'm so happy OW isnt going anywhere!

Yey