The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please block IP ranges Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There are parts of the World which we HAVE TO USE non managed, stupid ISPs in various spam lists and flooded with hacked machines like Turk Telekom (for Turkey) and TPNet (for Poland). You don't want to use that spammer infested blocks? Fine, enjoy your 56K modem since there is NOTHING else out there except $4000 VSAT connection.

You can suggest certain blocks banning and some people at Omni group may agree, I am just putting my own insight to matter as a foreigner who felt like being discriminated because of his IP block many times and never ever visited those services again.

It is just like average Seattle based developer won't understand the "message sent" by grouping turkish with arabic encodings and get alerted by me so it changes next build.

Some people takes such things serious and gets severely offended with them. You know why nobody tried to whitelist their IP? Because they switched to another company. I wouldn't really try so hard to prove that I am not a crook while buying something. I just click Apple+L and type another address.

Please at least review the IP address of poster 080522jk and see where it's at and if it compares to other posters or spammers.

If country is too broad, they can narrow it down to specific netblock owners.

cfBlockCountry (Plugin)is really nice solution to block any country to access without using ip address.one of my friend asked me to use this.For example if you want to block access of the site from any IP in United States you can use this plugin. I have used this to prevent unwanted access to my website and you can also use this if going through the same problem . you will definitely feel better after using this. you can download it from the given link below:-http://www.codefire.in/open-source.html