The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Need Help Transitioning from Life Balance Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm hoping someone can help me in making a switch from Life Balance to OmniFocus. I have spent a few days using OmniFocus now. I can see that it offers a mature functionality not to mention significant usability/UI benefits which LifeBalance can't (and probably never will) approach.

I have ADD. As a self-employed parent with an attentional disorder, I rely heavily upon systems to help me maintain focus and keep things moving along. I have used Life Balance to take an overwhelming mountain of tasks (projects, goals, etc.) and serve them up as single actionable tasks. What I need is a “just do this one thing next” approach to chipping away at my stuff. Is there anyone who has used LifeBalance or who uses OmniFocus in this way? Perhaps you could shed some light on how to smooth this transition and maybe make OmniFocus even just a little more LifeBalance-ish in this way?

I have created folders and contexts. I have populated my projects with actionable tasks. But so far, with OmniFocus, I still feel as if I am looking at big lists of projects. Prioritizing and identifying my next actionable task is still not feeling natural. I need some help.

I’ve been through the help files, watched a few tutorials, and read through quite few posts on this forum. I suspect I’m going to have to make better use of “Perspectives” and implement some reviewing strategies. I am aware that Omnifocus is primarily a GTD app. I have a superficial understanding of the GTD paradigm and while some of it is a good fit for me, I am not sure that all of it is. I am hoping that OmniFocus will offer some flexibility in this regard.

I am primarily using my iPhone but for the time being I am also evaluating the desktop version of OmniFocus. Any thoughts? Thanks, Nathan