The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What's the status of OmniOutliner for iPad? [A: Now available on App Store!] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Just curious if after OmniOutliner for iPad is installed, if OO documents will be viewable with the iOS Quick Look (e.g. an attachment in an email) or must that functionality be added by Apple to the iOS?
I'm afraid that QuickLook previews in other apps (such as Mail) only support built-in formats; adding previews like ours would require some new iOS support from Apple. (You will, of course, be able to open those emailed documents in OmniOutliner.)

Thanks Ken, that's what I suspected. Time for the Omni Group to lobby Apple to include this in iOS 5!

Since i have but little voice, i would like to state that the app looks great. I just downloaded a few oo3 docs from my Mac to my iPad and they work like a charm. I am not a user of Internet connections to sync documents, so this works fine for me. I also have Carbonfin outliner and it's good, but it doesn't sync by iTunes (to bad, maybe in the near future).
So, this app is of great importance to me. Thanks for the great effort and i'm looking forward to what will be next.

Thanks for the kind words, Eric - we're all pretty excited to get this thing out to folks. :-)

One of the beauties of carbonfin is that it doesn't need iTunes, it's synching is almost invisible, and it works anywhere and on any system, even when your iPad isn't around...even when iTunes isn't on your computer. A reliance on iTunes is a far worse option :)

And yes, OO for iPad is excellent! Has me hungry for the future.