The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Location based reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Could anyone please tell me how to set up location based reminders within omnifocus?

Greatly appreciated

Mike.

Mike, if you open OmniFocus for iPhone's home screen, tap the gear button, then "Help", and finally "Location Reminders", the material there covers the process in more detail than would be easy to replicate through a forum post.

If you have questions not covered by that material, of course, let us know and we'll be happy to help!

I am a bit confused, as it looks in the Help file that notifications for locations are set in the Context editing screen, and are limited to arrive or depart for each location.

Therefore, how would you do this per action, as in "notify for this item when I leave Office" and for another action "notify me when I get to Office", similar to the way the native Reminders app does it?

I don't think I'd alway want to be reminded when I leave a location; some actions make more sense when I arrive at one.

We've got a feature request open on per-action notifications, but you're correct - OmniFocus currently handles them on a per-context basis. I'll attach you to the feature request. Thanks!

In the meantime, you can set up 2 contexts: 1 for leaving the office and 1 for arriving at the office.

For me this actually makes more sense. By the time a "leaving" reminder triggers, I'm probably a couple minutes away from the office. So "remind me when I leave the office" is probably something I need to do on the way home. That's a completely different context from the things I need to do when I arrive at work.