The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing issue between Reminders and OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus 1.14.1
iPhone 4s
IOS 5.1.1 (9B206)

Thank-you for the help of this forum. I have been an enthusiastic user of OmniFocus for some time, and want to use Siri for task input.

This is a new phone for me, and I have owned the previous generations of the iPhone. I can get Siri to add tasks to my Reminders list, and I can get OmniFocus to recognize those tasks in my Inbox. However it will only work for about 5 minutes. For some reason OmniFocus truncates my iCloud password.

If I re enter my password, it will work for another 5 minutes, then revert to the truncated password.

I have restarted each program, rebooted the phone, and nothing seems to have helped the problem.

Thanks for the input.

Sorry for the trouble this is causing! I'll write this up as a bug so our QA team can investigate.

It would be helpful if you could email the relevant details of your setup (how many characters long is your password, for example) to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com so our support ninjas can attach all the relevant info to that bug...

My current password consists of Uppercase, lowercase, and numbers. It is 12 characters long.

The truncated password in my iPhone OmniFocus Settings/iCloud Reminders/Password is 8 characters long.

I also emailed this information.

Thanks!

I am having the same problem on mine, and I am also using a complex iCloud password. The error I am getting is "iCloud Reminders. OmniFocus encountered a problem while capturing iCloud Reminders. Would you like to disable iCloud Capture, or try again?" The try again gets me past the message, but does not sync the info.

My password has upper, lower, special char and number and is >8 characters.

Dan

buddhake, it sounds like you're hitting a different issue, which we're improving for the next release.

Side note: The number of dots displayed is always the same, regardless of how long your password is.

I am having the same problem on mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhake View Post
I am having the same problem on mine, and I am also using a complex iCloud password. The error I am getting is "iCloud Reminders. OmniFocus encountered a problem while capturing iCloud Reminders. Would you like to disable iCloud Capture, or try again?" The try again gets me past the message, but does not sync the info.

My password has upper, lower, special char and number and is >8 characters.

Dan
I recently began experiencing this exact problem as well: a message box that displays "iCloud Reminders. OmniFocus encountered a problem while capturing iCloud Reminders. Would you like to disable iCloud Capture, or try again?"
Selecting "Try again" lets me proceed to using Omnifocus, but it is odd...

What is the cause of this, and is there something I need to change on the phone to resolve the problem? My iCloud password is 9 characters in length, with one upper-case, five lower-case, and three numbers, fwiw.

Thanks guys,
Lawrence

I am having the same problem. Started happening suddenly a few days ago with no updates having been applied to my iphone.

Sorry to be a me2, but having the same issue here.

Same problem all the way here re dialog on iCloud reminder sync.

"Retry" always works for a while, but the error consistently reappears again on the next launch or two.

As ever, holler if I can help track it down from my end.

Many thanks.