The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to switch to project view from context view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I use a lot of nested actions to organize a moderate project. In context view, when I click an action, it shows the edit mode only. However, I need a way to show sub actions inside that action (just like in the project view).

The only way close is go to the project from the action. However the project is the most top item of the action tree. What I really need is go straight to the action or one level up to the parent action. Image a small project with 3-4 level, it is very inconvenient to traverse each time from top of a action tree down to the action you are interested.

On Mac, it is much easier, just click the action in context view, it has a "show in planning mode" menu item to switch to project mode. I miss this feature on iPhone and iPad.

Kevinx, we've got a feature request open on making the existing "show in project mode" button in the iPhone app scroll to and/or select the action in question. (It's the curved arrow at the right edge of those fields in the detail view.)

Would that behavior work for your purposes? If so, let us know and we can attach you to that request in the development database - thanks!