The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Preference for attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As I new OO user, I was initially thrown off by the attachment behavior. I did not realize that OO was actually making duplicate copies of the attached items, and storing those copies within itself. Most or all of these attachments were notes and other to-dos stored across my computer, and I was surprised to discover after some time of using OO that I had multiple versions of these attached files (that is, I thought I had been linking directly to the originals, but instead the originals were left untouched). So then I had all these notes to myself out of sync ... grrrrrrr.

Personally I would appreciate a preference to change to default attachment behavior from "importing" to "linking." The function of the Control key modifier would be toggled as well.

Was this ever answered? I agree, I would love to change the default behavior as well.

We'll be addressing this in a future version.

In the meantime is there a way to script this? I could then just add a button to the toolbar

Sorry no, AppleScript doesn't have a way to deal with attachments.