The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW 5.7 final Runs at 90% CPU Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As soon as I load a single page, OW runs up to 90% CPU. This happens every time, even from a freshly restarted computer and browser. I also tried this after I removed all my preferences, and OW still runs at 90%.

I forgot to add that OW eventually becomes unresponsive, and shows the beachball. I then have to force quit.

Got a link to a page that does this?

It happens every time, no matter what the page.

What do you get in the output of a sample if you run it when this happens?

Use Activity Monitor in the /Applications/Utility folder, highlight the OmniWeb process and then choose Sample from the View menu - post the results here between code and /code tags so that you get:

Code:
Example

You'l probably want to contact the support ninjas (at OmniWeb@omnigroup.com) so we can get this straightened out.