The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MPX export: Durations change units? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

Love the product, but I work in an MS Project shop, so I need to be 100% invisible. OP has some quirks that I MUST get resolved or I will have to ditch it in favor of Merlin, which seems to do a better job of integrating with Project:

1. The Duration/Effort thing has got to be fixed. Importing MPX projects and exporting again is a nightmare. My Project using buddies hate me.

2. An even bigger problem is the fact that OP MPX export changes all task duration units to days or hours, no matter what they were when the project was created, or at least, it appears to. I have checked this a million times and it seems that OP is the culprit. IS this a known bug with the MPX export? If so, is it on the radar to be fixed?

Thanks.

It also seems that task completion data is stripped out in the MPX export? Is this also true, and, if so, will it be fixed soon?

Thanks again.

What version of OmniPlan are you using right now? We've addressed some of these issues in our latest beta, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniplan/beta/

If you don't mind, could you send in your MS Project files to omniplan@omnigroup.com with some details on what isn't working so we can observe this behavior directly?

Thanks RickCiervo!