The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

F10 (Exposé) breaks Workspaces ?! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It does for me ...

when I'm not in default workspace, and try to Exposé OmniWeb windows I have, it flicks and the next I see an empty single tab - as if I pressed F1 and invoked Default Workspace.

I can always switch back to my worked on Workspace (it's still loaded - no delay). But what I loose here is ability to see few windows side-by-side.
(I mean only in non default Workspaces)

I guess it's not a big deal, if not for breaking my expectations (I use F9/10/11/12 a lot)

So the first question is : is it only my setup? Or is it a common bug (feature)?

I still hope it's my local problem, so Second question could be - what might be a cause?

MBP / 10.5.7/ OmniWeb v5.9.2

P.S. did search, found nothing on a problem (so I assume it's only me)

OFMG! That's what I saw today!

well it's compiled image, but that's what you[I] see when you move your mouse while in Expose/F10. (only you see one blue element at a time)

And if I click on one of this "ghosts", it's window opens for me in Default Workspace (along with default empty window with one empty tab - which you see)

So:
anybody had anything similar?
anybody reading it?
anybody having nothing of this sort?

P.S. I only saw it by chance - because if you don't move your mouse into these areas - it's absolutely transparent.

I can't honestly say I've ever seen this happen and I use multiple different Workspaces in OmniWeb and Exposé all the time.

Are you using any system hacks that alter Window management at all (e.g. WindowShade X or anything like that)?

Oh, glad you answered!

No, no WindowShade's or anything, no system haxies except meddled a bit with Coolbook.se (installs custom kexts) but I think this was before I installed it.

Can you maybe point me to a guide/wiki - how can I rebuild OmniWeb's profile, while keeping : Bookmarks, History & Workspaces data.

So I could isolate a case of broken plists ...

BTW I kernel panicked/crashed my MBP several times recently, once with OmniWeb open. And it gave me warning (something like): "Disable/Delete History due to it's other instance open already" - when I tried to open OmniWeb again.
(I ended up deleting files : Bookmarks.html~ & Favorites.html~ from ~/Users/samius/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5, and warning stopped)