The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Back/Foward can lead to partially-loaded pages Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just ran into an odd issue. I started loading http://www.slashdot,org, then when it had partially rendered I hit Back. I then hit Forward. OmniWeb was now showing the same partial rendering of Slashdot, with no loading status or network activity, as if that was the entire page. Reloading fixed it. This was definitely reproducible (though I only tried it with slashdot). Whenever I do this in Safari, Safari will reload the partially-loaded page automatically.

I see the same issue, but it also occurs in WebKit and 5.1.3.

I would call that expected behaviour - you are sending a "stop loading now" signal when you hit back. When you go forward again and the page is drawn from the cache, you will get it in the partially loaded state you "stopped" it at. For all OmniWeb knows, you intentionally wanted to send that stop signal so it shouldn't attempt to reload the page simply because it was only partially loaded the first time.