The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task due in 5 weeks is "Due Tomorrow" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am just getting started with OmniFocus. I have entered a bunch of projects and tasks. When I click the Due icon, I see 3 sections: Due Yesterday, Due Today, and Due Tomorrow. Everything looks OK, except there is one task in Due Tomorrow that has a start date of February 23, with a due date of February 27. Today is January 20. I've triple checked the dates and cannot figure out why that is showing up now. Any suggestions?

An action in a project or action group with a more restrictive due date is treated as though it has the more restrictive due date. You probably have a due date on the project.

Yes, that was it. I didn't realize I had put dates on the project. Thanks for your help.

It's usually a good safety net, that behavior. Otherwise, you think "oh, I can just defer this another day" over and over, not realizing the whole project had a due date :-)