The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New to Omni - Multiple people question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks... I'll give it a try and let you know.

Although sharing a data file isn't recommended, since there's a sync mechanism now it would seem that this could be leveraged for multiple users. In my case I don't really want to have multiple people with assigned tasks, but I'd like my partner to be able to view my tasks and add new ones.

So it seems like using sync to iDisk from two computers should be safe? No? Better way?

I don't know that I'd recommend it (and we don't really design for or test for that scenario). Offhand, things to be aware of include the fact that with multiple people editing the same data set you have a far greater chance of making conflicting changes on different clients, in which case only the most recent change will be kept. Also, syncing performance is slower when changes have been made on multiple clients and have to be brought together (although that's much more of a concern on the iPhone - I don't think that the desktop is going to show a terribly significant slowdown).