The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Slicing and Dicing OmniFocus data? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
It seems silly to be doing this for an app that is still in alpha, but I suppose it's not long before people start wanting different ways to see data from OF.

One that would be great would be a screensaver module that can show you your current list of next actions. Maybe someone who's more adept at QuartzComposer could figure out how to do it. Until then I've cludged together an AppleScript (which I suppose you could run via cron) that dumps next actions to a text file along with context and project name. A php script then parses it and spits out an RSS feed that the RSS Visualizer screensaver can see. I suppose a more elegant option would be to have the AppleScript dump out RSS in the first place...

What other ways will people want to view OF data (ignoring the obvious "I want OmniFocus Mobile on my iPhone)?