The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filter Request: [<Time] or Unestimated Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't often use the time filter. In the particular focus that I live in 80% of the time, most of my tasks are broken into pieces that are about 15 minutes and I usually don't make use of the "estimate" feature. However, 10% of my tasks take 1 hour or more. I can't do these on the train durring my 45 min commute. I would like a way to set the filter to allow ONLY tasks that have an estimated time of less than X AND tasks that are unestimated.

You can save a search like:

tasks where (estimated minutes < <num>) or (estimated minutes is missing value)

in the main menu of Where in OF.

(Whenever you run this search you will be prompted to enter a value for <num>)

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 06:48 AM..

Another feature change that would allow you to accomplish this would be adding "estimated time" to the Grouping options (and then expanding or collapsing the desired time groups), like you can do now with, say, due date.

Nice workarounds here, but interested parties should also email the support ninjas (from the help menu) so the request gets recorded in our development database. We do our best to keep an eye on the forums, but stuff does sometimes fall through the cracks, so email is our preferred medium for feature requests. Thanks!