The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't see attachments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi -
So I'm a newbie who just attached two docs to an Action within a Project. I did this on the Mac app. They are there; I can open them fine. I synced with my iPhone, which shows the Action and the Project, but there's no attachments visible. I go to the bottom of the screen and next to "Attachments" there's just the options to take a photo, pick a photo, and record audio. The docs I attached on the Mac version were in TextEdit and Word. I know both are viewable in iOS5. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

You may have just added a link to the file instead of actually embedding the file. An easy way to check is to use the Attachment List window on the Mac (under the Windows menu). They won't show up if you linked them, only if you embedded them.

If you added them by dragging and dropping, you need to hold the option key down while doing so (you'll get a green circle with a white '+' in it as an indication), or use Edit->Attach File... which gives you a radio button choice as to whether to link or embed the file.

Thanks! You're right, I was only attaching the link. I appreciate your helping nudge me up the learning curve!