The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can you convert Projects to Actions or Single-Action items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I've read through the manual and have performed a cursory search in the forum.

Essentially, I've just started to really use OmniFocus, despite having owned a license for a while now, and I'm not happy with the way I've organized my tasks. I've set some things up as Projects, where they should just be Single-Action items, and other times they should be Action items as part of another project.

Is there an easy way to convert these, or do I have to manually copy and paste?

Thanks,

- hoju

Never mind. I just figured it out.

Honestly, I looked forever before posting, and then, suddenly, my brain decided to work.

For anyone stumbling across this thread, you can convert things in the Inspector window. There are buttons there that allow you to change a Project to a Single Action item.

And if you drag a Project into another Project, it becomes an Action.

Hooray!

- hoju

and vice versa - you can drag an action to the sidebar to turn it into a project.

Outdenting (cmd-[) works as well. When doing my inbox processing, I often have a bunch of related stuff that needs to get turned into a project. Outdenting one of the items makes a project which stays in the sidebar selection with the inbox, so it appears right below the inbox and I can drag the other stuff in and arrange as appropriate, very convenient!