The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can OF Give Total Estimated Time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. In a group of tasks is there a way that the estimated time of completion for each action can be rolled into a total time of completion for the entire group? I have a few projects and groups of actions where I wouldn't want to start the first action without finishing the final action, but because I don't know the total amount of time to complete all the tasks (without going through and adding up the times of 20+ tasks in some cases), I'm hesitant to get started on them.
I've tried the inspector and selected group or project, etc., and even though each child task has an estimated time for completion, the time for completion for the project or group is always blank.
Thanks.
K

There is a pretty nice script, actually multiple versions of the script, in the OmniFocus Extras forum that sums the selected time estimates.

Linky

Fabulous. Many thanks.