The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Variables don't show up reliably on PDF Export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi -

I'm trying to create a clickable wireframe prototype that will be distributed in PDF format - because there are so many similar pages in the doc, I'm using the 'Canvas Name' variable to control the page title display as well as the page name in the breadcrumb navigation display.

When I export to PDF, though, some of the pages show 'Canvas 18' instead of the actual canvas name.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a result of the export feature or the way I'm using Insert Variable?

Thanks

Are the layers that the variables are on locked? If so, this is a known issue and unlocking the layers should alleviate the issue.

Thanks for responding!

I just checked and the layers containing the variables are unlocked. Have you seen any other similar issues around the use of variables?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfparade View Post
Thanks for responding!

I just checked and the layers containing the variables are unlocked. Have you seen any other similar issues around the use of variables?
Not quite like this, can you send some feedback (and the file) to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com?

Thanks!