The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Team members marking tasks complete Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to create a system where someone can mark tasks complete without having to use Omniplan.

Currently, I'm creating the tasks and workflow etc in Omniplan and then exporting it as an HTML Full Report for my team to see by going to a URL online. I can add things to the Omniplan project and when I click save it publishes it online, which is great!

But I want to know, when team members complete tasks, is there a way they could input this information without me?

How much baling wire and chewing gum are you willing to tolerate?

You could build something similar to the scheme that OmniFocus uses to process mail into tasks. You would leave Mail running on some computer, and there would be a Mail rule that intercepted messages from your team members signaling that they had completed a task. The Mail rule would invoke an Applescript which would tell OmniPlan to mark that task complete.

That sounds complicated, but for the size of this project I'm willing to invest the time setting it up. Would you be able to help me through the steps involved?