The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb and YouTube Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ever since YouTube switched over to their new style format, I've been having no end of problems with their website. I wondered if anybody else was having similar problems and if this was a bug on OmniWeb's end or on YouTube's. I don't have the same problems with Safari, so I fear it may be how OmniWeb and YouTube interact.

Problems include:
- scrolling sometimes causes the window/tab to freeze and the window must be closed and re-opened to that page in order to keep working
- clicking on a link to a second video starts to play the second video's sound, but the browser remains stalled on the original video's page
- horrible lag times for buffering or following links to another website (on YouTube or elsewhere)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Are you getting flash video or html5 video? HTML5 video can run in a background tab so if you have several tabs with active video feeds running I can imagine that there may be performance problems. With flash the plug-in would stop running in background tabs.

I couldn't say either way, honestly. I've been having so many problems with getting videos to run in one tab that I haven't even tried multiple tabs...

I'm having the same issue, I can tell you that it is the html5 h264 but that is screwing up. I've worked around this by deleting the youtube cookies so it plays in flash again.

I think I am having this issue too, and I am not signed up to the Youtube HTML5 beta.

When the window freezes, it's always just the current window and all tabs in it. Other windows and subsequent new windows are unaffected unless I use them to visit Youtube.

Additionally, weird upside-down text appears at the top of the window, as in the screenshot:

Blank portions of the window are caused by my shrinking and growing the window. The audio of the video (IYSWIM) plays fine while this is going on.