The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't email a project file. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If you would like to email yourself an actual omniplan project, say to work on it at home or something, you first have to zip it to make it work, since the "project file" is a package.

Question: When do the packages actually have more than one file in them? The only thing I can find is content.xml

prater

Right now they only have a contents.xml file in them, but we want to leave the door open to adding more in the future. Outliner and Graffle files, for example, put attached images and such in their file packages, and lots of people have asked us to support file attachments in OmniPlan as well.

I can't promise it will work forever, but right now if you just send the contents.xml file, when you get it on the other end, you can either rename it to contents.omniplan, or put it in a folder and rename the folder to end with ".omniplan" and then OmniPlan will open it properly.

Some email clients (such as Apple's Mail) can handle the file packages just fine.