The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Creating Nested Projects/Contexts while in quick entry or inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi everyone!!!

I am coming back to Omnifocus after trying Daylite and PersonalBrain to setup my GTD Workflow.

The dilemma that I have is being able to process items in "inbox / quick entry" in a very fast way.

I have a long hierarchy of Folders within folders that are within folders and projects / SAL within them.

This is good because it allows me to make sense of all my areas of focus, projects, subprojects, etc.

The problem comes when I am in quick entry or the inbox.

Imagine I have 15 items in the inbox. Now I have to process them and put them where they belong.

I have to take every item and on the left scroll to see to which project they belong to. This takes a long time because of my long hierarchy of folders/projects (I have used some scripts that Kurt provided to focus on folders that has helped for this) but...

The other issue is that even though when you are in quick entry / inbox you can create a "project" on the fly, I don't seem to be able to create that project INSIDE the hierarchy, in other words, can you create a project and place it inside a folder, that is inside a folder, WHILE you are inside the quick entry or the inbox?

When I create a project there, I find myself having to go to where the projects is and then position it where i want to in the hierarchy, thus defeating the purpose of me creating the project inside quick entry / inbox.

I hope that the way I am describing it make sense to you.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edward