The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving from MobileMe to WebDAV Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to move my syncing over to another server. I have https capability and the server host says I can use it with WebDAV. When I change the settings I assume that OF will try to create a new database, no? It is not, and it reports that the sync failed because the file could not be found. What step am I missing here? I've tried deleting the MobileMe account from the OF preferences but it reappears.

In plain language, what are the exact steps for setting up the server and then creating a new database file in that location while removing access to the MobileMe database?

Here's what I'd recommend:

1) Sync all your devices with your old settings.
2) After all your devices are in sync, do one final sync on one of your Macs. (In addition to the sync you did on that Mac in the previous step.)
3) On the same Mac, select "Back Up Database" from the File menu.
4) Change the Sync preferences on the Mac to point at your new server.
5) Press the "Sync Now" button.

If you're unable to sync at this point, the issue you're encountering is likely to be caused by the settings entered in step 4 not being quite correct. There are a couple different things that could be going on; if you call our support folks at 800.315.6664 or send us email with the exact text of the error message you're getting, we can assist.

That said, once you get the Mac syncing properly with the new server, do the following.

1) Press the "Send Settings" button in the sync preferences of the Mac you used to complete.
2) Address the email it creates to an account you receive on your other devices, then send it.
3) On each of the other devices, open the email and click or tap the "omnifocus:///" link in the body of the email.

OmniFocus will launch and ask if it should replace your sync settings. Since you were able to sync the other Mac with them, let it do so, and enter the password for your new server.

From then on, you should be all set. Hope this helps!