The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why all the icon changes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I liked the old icon. I liked the icon before that. I think there was at least one more icon before that. I'm sure I'll get used to the new one, but I really have to ask, why keep changing the icon?!

The primary reason for changing the icon this time was to create a unified look for all our iOS icons.
(Here's a peek at the iPad icons.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
The primary reason for changing the icon this time was to create a unified look for all our iOS icons.
(Here's a peek at the iPad icons.)
Gonna be a bummer when OmniOutliner changes over. I really like the current OO icon, compared to the "new" one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
Gonna be a bummer when OmniOutliner changes over. I really like the current OO icon, compared to the "new" one.
+1 It's going to be a very sad day. I really do not like the new iphone omnifocus app icon. If it was a solid background It would not bother me as much.

Thanks for answering! The new icons do have a good family feel. Although, I will say the old ones had personality.

My icon did not update...this once happened to me, although with a different app..anyone know why this is? Tried re-installing, etc.. with no help (I recognize this is probably not an Omni issue but if anybody has a quick explanation or workaround it would be appreciated since I prefer the new icon!)

valvelifter: Several people have reported this. As far as we know it's not an Omni issue. Here's a couple things that may help get the new icon to show up:

1) Do something that will change the badge on the app icon: complete an overdue task or create a new overdue task.

2) Reboot your iPhone

Good luck!

OmniGuys, I respect the work you have put into all of these apps. They Really are amazing, and have literally impacted my life. But I extremely dislike the new icon. It seems like a small detail, I know, but I stare at it several times a day, everyday since it holds it's rightful place on my iPhone dock. Please consider both my critique and those who have left feedback on your ratings page in the App Store... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothybuck View Post
+1 It's going to be a very sad day. I really do not like the new iphone omnifocus app icon. If it was a solid background It would not bother me as much.
Agreed. I think there's way too much background texture on the icon, to the point of being distracting. I think it needs to be toned down. But, the white checkmark seems to blend well with other icons on the screen.

I rarely bother to post in a forum for something other than negative / problem solving reasons, but I am doing so to strictly to let you know how much I love the new iPhone icon! It's beautiful and the best of any I've seen to date. And I'm a designer FWTW... I'd bet that there are many others out there who like it as well but won't have / make time to post positive feedback just FYI...