The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Updates for iOS 5 and using UIManagedDocument Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for pushing the later framework updates at GitHub. It looks like you have done some great work for iOS 5 compatibility! FYI, I was able to build from scratch and get it the "TextEditor" sample iPad app working (I just had to comment out the stuff about FixStringsFile, which wasn't getting created for some reason).

One question: it's nice that OUIDocument now extends UIDocument, but what if I want to use a UIManagedDocument so I can persist using Core Data? Do you think I could just swap out the UIDocument with UIManagedDocument and it would magically work?

Alternatively, have you through about moving the OUIDocument functionality into a category on UIDocument so people can use any UIDocument subclass they want? There isn't much state in OUIDocument, so perhaps it could be implemented via a delegate that the UIDocument subclass is required to maintain?

We haven't yet done any work with UIManagedDocument, so either of the approaches you may mention could work, or might not. Certainly you are right that as part of this we've reduced the state in OUIDocument significantly -- we might be able to move some or all of it to being a category on UIDocument. Even then though, we might find that the category doesn't make sense in the context of UIManagedDocument.