The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple projects with staff resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm reminded of a sign I saw on a co-worker's door long ago:

"I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow's not looking good, either."

Omni's got a steadily growing business selling their products to the customers they have in essence selected by virtue of what they have chosen to build. You can jump up and down all you want about how they should be building what you think they should build, but in the end, they are going to build what they think they can build to their own standards and sell to a sufficient number of customers to make it worth the effort. If that doesn't happen to be what you and your clients want to buy, you'll have to go elsewhere. The fact that you're here badgering Omni about building it suggests that no one else has been convinced of the need to deliver a great product with those features either, or they haven't figured out how to do it. It's a simple matter of supply and demand.

k, thnks fr tht rmndr, Mr. mn Shll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I'm reminded of a sign I saw on a co-worker's door long ago:

"I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow's not looking good, either."

Omni's got a steadily growing business selling their products to the customers they have in essence selected by virtue of what they have chosen to build. You can jump up and down all you want about how they should be building what you think they should build, but in the end, they are going to build what they think they can build to their own standards and sell to a sufficient number of customers to make it worth the effort. If that doesn't happen to be what you and your clients want to buy, you'll have to go elsewhere. The fact that you're here badgering Omni about building it suggests that no one else has been convinced of the need to deliver a great product with those features either, or they haven't figured out how to do it. It's a simple matter of supply and demand.

Last edited by Brian; 2011-10-10 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: disemvowelling the ad hominem

I have one question regarding your OmniPlan software. We would like to have
several projects within one file and track all projects against a master
timeline.

*Does OmniPlan support multiple projects with one file?*

If not, will this be a feature in the near future?

Welcome to the forums, butchclydesdale; I'm going to move your post to an existing thread which discusses what you're asking about, but wanted to respond in the original location so you get any notifications you've signed up for.

Epmadsen, please don't resort to ad hominem attacks; it's not acceptable on our forums.

It's perfectly fine to make passionate arguments for a particular viewpoint - just don't resort to attacking the individual or individuals that see things differently.

FWIW, we agree with you that there's demand for a feature like this; that's one of the reasons that we added project syncing in version 2. It's a step towards the feature you're asking for. It hasn't made it into the app yet, but that doesn't mean you should assume it never will.

You really have to make very smart move by using the member on the projects and it really needs you to be very tight with that.