The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

perspective by start date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to change a habit of overusing the due date to chronologically organize my tasks. I think the key is putting appropriate start dates and only putting due dates in when required. In doing so I'm trying to create a perspective that only shows tasks that have a start date of today or before, but I can't seem to figure out the filters. I would like to do this in context mode. Any advice? Thanks.

Happy to help - do the settings in this post work for your purposes?

Thanks for the quick response Brian. Not really, because I'm trying to limit it to things that only are available based on start date. These settings show everything with a start date of null and I am trying to do something that doesn't show those items. Does that make sense?

Did you collapse the unwanted groups, and set the perspective to keep it that way?