The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

incompatible with iusethis.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniWeb fails to register the "i use this" links on iusethis.com. Safari works fine.

I dunno, I click on "i use this" and get a new page that prompts me to log in. What's supposed to happen?

Excuse me for not clarifying: You have to be logged in to use the site. Once you are registered and logged in, OmniWeb is incompatible with the "i use this" links.

It doesn't work in WebKit either.

FWIW, they're using some fancy ajax stuff here. This is known to be problematic in WebKit-based browsers:

Code:
<a onclick="new ajax('http://osx.iusethis.com/app/iusethis/1004',{update: $('iuse_iclock')});return false;" href="iusethis">i use this</a>
I does work in the latest WebKit hightly (15388), though.

I have no problem using the latest release of Safari, 2.0.4.

Same here. It works tought if you search for something and click on "i use this" in the result list. In Safari it works all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippgerard
Same here. It works tought if you search for something and click on "i use this" in the result list. In Safari it works all the time.
Are you saying that OmniWeb works if you search for an item and click "i use this"?, compared to doing so in the main list. I don't have that experience; regardless, "i use this" works in Safari but not OmniWeb.

This is a WebKit issue, it works in the release version of Safari but not WebKit r13302 (the version we're roughly based off of). However the link does work in later releases so it should work when we update the rendering engine again.

This doesn't seem to be fixed in the current B2 build, though, even though it was cherrypicked... didn't snag the engine?

The bug fix that was cherry-picked in Beta 2 was one change that fixed a common crasher--the relevant change was probably somewhere in between. We aren't planning to do a wholesale upgrade until the next version (tentatively called 5.5.1).