The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create a keyboard shortcut to put a project On Hold Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can anyone please help me out with this?

I'd like to be able to create a keyboard shortcut to put a project On Hold. I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I would consider writing/customizing an AppleScript to achieve this functionality. Start by looking at Curt Clifton's Project Template Placeholders script as a point of reference to select a single project from your OmniFocus document. From there you should be able to target the project status and change it to "On Hold".

http://www.curtclifton.net/projects/

Thanks, Dale. I read through the Project Template Placeholder on Curt's site but in all honesty, it's all a bit over my head. I wouldn't have the first clue on how to modify an Apple Script. Is there by any chance an easier solution?

Thanks for your time thus far. It's greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jka33331 View Post
I wouldn't have the first clue on how to modify an Apple Script.
Warning: I am not an expert at AppleScript by any common measure.

I did use the beginning of Curt's script to target a single project in the OmniFocus document and added a single line to set the status to On Hold. I have attached the script for you.

I personally use Alfred to launch my scripts from the keyboard.

I hope this helps and/or gives you a direction in further creating a solution to your issue.

EDIT: Reattached AppleScript file
Attached Files
File Type: applescript Project to On Hold.applescript (3.9 KB, 562 views)

Last edited by Dale; 2013-04-09 at 04:31 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I have attached the script for you.
Are you sure about that? :-)

I had saved as .script opposed to .applescript and the uploader did not like it.

Fixed now. :)

You can also assign a keystroke (with something like FastScripts or KeyBoard Maestro) to a script which toggles activeon hold.

Code:
tell application id "OFOC"
	tell front document
		tell front document window
			repeat with oPanel in {sidebar, content}
				set refProj to (a reference to (value of selected trees of oPanel where class of its value is project))
				set lstProj to refProj as list
				if lstProj ≠ {} then exit repeat
			end repeat
		end tell
		if lstProj = {} then return

-- Invert status of 1st selected project, 
		-- and apply inversion to all selected projects.
		if (status of item 1 of lstProj) ≠ on hold then
			set status of refProj to on hold
		else
			set status of refProj to active
		end if

end tell
end tell
--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2013-04-09 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: typo

PS you shouldn't try this kind of thing with the current OF2 test alphas, which are liable to crash on it, as the sidebar scripting interface is not yet implemented.

Dale,

Thank you so so much. This is so great. I am using the script via Launchbar and it works like a charm. I love this Omni community. You guys are helpful and awesome.

Thanks again!

RobTrew,

Even better!!!! Yahoooo! I have this working on Keyboard Maestro now! Thanks guys!