The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Task Costs With Multiple Assigned Resources Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm having quite a time to get costs to calculate correctly when assigned to multiple resources. Often it will calculate correctly, but sometimes the results are completely flaky. For instance, I have a one year task duration constrained, effort recalculates. I assign one resource, and the cost calculates correctly. I assign any additional resources and the cost disappears. I change the end date one day forward and the total resource costs appear correctly. Change back to the original date, and the costs disappear.

In another case I have a one year task, I assign it partially to one resource (20%) and the cost is assigned correctly (~$30k), I assign it partially to a different resource (also 20%) and the cost for the entire year shows as $100. Both resources calculate correctly when assigned to certain other tasks.

I am having a real hard time using the cost feature, and wonder if its just inherently very buggy right now, or if there are tips/tricks I can try or situations I should avoid?